Friday, October 24, 2008

beans, beans the magical...

toy!  :)  I know it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to go from rice to beans, but I did it.  (Okay, Mom helped me out a little bit.)  Amia loves playing with dried beans, too.  And, they are a smidgen easier to clean up.  (I don't have a pic because I video recorded this playtime.)

My very intelligent (and favorite) sister-in-law Stacy suggested feathers as well for little tots.  So, that's on our list, too.  

Okay, Mommies and Friends of Mommies, what else can we try?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sam's grandma said that she used to put some syrup on her baby's fingers and hand them a feather. Would keep them entertained a long time. Seems like that could get a little frustrating for baby, I don't know. I don't think Amia would go for that if she didn't like the shaving cream :)

em said...

ooo... i can't wait to try. i think you might have mentioned that before but, i completely forgot! thanks. i'll do it this week and let you know!

Nikki said...

Hey, I thought of something else. There's always the cornstartch and water trick. I haven't done that forever, so I looked it up online and they said to mix 1 part water to two parts cornstartch. I did this and found it to be too runny, so I tried 1TBL of water with 4TBL cornstartch. If you've never tried this, it's pretty cool. You can hold it and it's pretty firm, but then let go and it runs from your fingers. Even I like playing with it :) It dries all over your fingers, but rinses off easily. If she's not quite ready for that, I'm sure she'll like it when she's a little older. Just a thought.