Wednesday, October 22, 2008

delicious and healthy... with a twist!

Whatever your impression of quirky, trendy eaters, put it aside.  My friend forwarded me this recipe for applesauce - and it is FANTASTIC!  It's raw, which means it is maintaining all of it nutritive value for you and your kiddos.  (Also, it means that it's only good in your fridge for 3 -4 days.  But, mm, mm, mm worth it!)

3 apples
1 banana
4 dates (softened in water)
1/4+ water

Peel and core apples.  Put all ingredients into blender.  Puree.  Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.  3-4 servings.

Try it!  (And let me know what you think!) 

7 comments:

the green sharpie! said...

mmmm, it's so stinkin good!!! :P

The Bowlin's said...

i was just going to ask you about making baby food and what are the best options for healthy baby food? can i give this to averie? she is 6 months old? i will try it for the rest of us at least!!!

em said...

mashed up avocado is a great first food. that's what i started amia on. also i mashed up bananas for her. a lot of people forget about avocados, but they have tons of nutrients and great healthy fats. good for both baby and mommy! :) loving and missing you!

Nikki said...

Hey goober, you didn't tell me you have a blog! You have to let me know these things, I enjoy reading about your life and seeing those cute Amia pictures :)

The Bowlin's said...

thanks for the recipe it was yum yum!! averie really like it too!!!

em said...

i don't think i have to respond to being called a "goober"... ;) share your ideas with us, nikki!! you're a very creative gal! sorry i didn't tell you. my blogging abilities are sub-par compared to yours! :) hug delight for me!

em said...

bec, so glad you and the girls like the recipe. amia absolutely devours it. and i feel good about myself. :) have you tried avocados with averie yet? i dislike them plain, but amia always has liked them. if you try them, let me know... interested to know what averie thinks of them.